The Philippine Consulate General advises the Filipino community in Jeddah and the Western Region that the KSA Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Makkah Al-Mukarramah Regional Branch) has recently issued a circular note dated 28 April 2010, reminding all foreign nationals, either residing in the Kingdom or coming from overseas, to abide with existing tourism rules and regulations, in order to be extended all courtesies and necessary security. The subject circular note actually reiterated two (2) of circular notes of the Ministry issued in 2008, which contain the following reminders:
- The tour trips should be arranged through tourist institutions accredited with the Higher Commission on Tourism for continuity of actions with the security authorities and to elevate the standard of necessary arrangements to the area of destination.
- Prior documentation with the Higher Commission is necessary when intending to visit any place in the tourist areas for all courtesies and security arrangements to be extended.
- Tour trips under the State’s responsibility are for the holders of residents ID’s (iqamah) within the Kingdom’s territory and arranged with the tourist institutions accredited by the Higher Commission for Tourism.
- All tourists coming to or residents in the Kingdom are reminded to be aware of the limitations for their movements within the country.
- Prior arrangements should be made with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs by the Embassies and Consulates General, Office of International and Regional Organizations when its officials, staff and families intend to travel for tourist purposes so that said trip should be arranged and the Ministry will have enough time prior to the visit to communicate with the concerned local authorities to extend usual and possible courtesies.
The Consulate exhorts the Filipino community to abide by the aforesaid guidelines to ensure that their tourism activities in the Kingdom are in order, safe and secure.