"ALL TRANSACTIONS WITH THE CONSULATE MUST INCLUDE A COPY OF THE DATA PAGE OF THE LATEST PASSPORT
BEARING THE HOLDER'S MOBILE NUMBER AND SIGNATURE."
A. New applicants / holders of NBI clearance issued before 1998
Applicants should make a personal appearance at the Consulate General to fill out the (NBI Form No. 5) Fingerprint Card Form. The requirements/procedures are as follows:
- Personal appearance
- Copy of valid Philippine Passport (first and last page)
- Fingerprint Card Form to be accomplished in front of a Consulate personnel
- 2” x 2” photograph with white background taken within the last 3 months prior to application
- In case the applicant is a married woman, she should write her name as follows:
- maiden surname (family or surname of father)
- first name or given name
- maternal surname (maiden surname of mother)
- the applicant’s husband’s last or family name and first name (space for this purpose is provided in the card)
- Authentication or certification of the Fingerprint Card Form by the Consulate General
- Payment of Notarial Fee: SR100.00
Applicants may then submit the requirements directly to the NBI or through their authorized representative in the Philippines to file the application and collect the new clearance on their behalf (Authorization Letter is required).
Upon receipt of the clearance certificate, applicants are advised to examine it for the presence of the embossed NBI DRY SEAL at its lower left portion. Without it, the clearance is not valid.
B. Renewal of NBI clearance issued after 1997
Applicants need not visit the Consulate General. They may send the following requirements directly to the NBI or through their authorized representative in the Philippines who can file the application and collect the clearance on their behalf (Authorization Letter is required.):
- Original copy of the previous NBI clearance (only those issued not earlier than 1998)
- 2”x2” photograph with white background taken within the last 3 months prior to application
- Photocopy of passport including page indicating presence abroad (i.e. departure stamp)
If there are any changes to the NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, or PLACE OF BIRTH, applicants are advised to file for a new application (following procedures for new applications). They may also have to supporting documents e.g. Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, etc. For details, please refer to the NBI website: http://www.nbi.gov.ph/faq.htm.
C. Sending applications directly to the NBI
Applications may be sent directly to the NBI together with an International Money Order/Bankdraft in the amount of PhP200.00 payable to: The Director, National Bureau of Investigation, Taft Avenue, Ermita 1000 Manila, Philippines.